Six Session Program Overview
Our goal is to help children and teens develop a foundation for coping positively with the illness in the family.
We have designed a proprietary 6-session Illness Education and Coping curriculum to help children and teens build and strengthen their positive foundation.
Illness Education and Coping Curriculum
Our 6-session program is designed to be flexible and individualized and is offered through both group and individual sessions. This program, however, is a merely a guide. Our professional staff will modify sessions based on your child’s needs and the specific illness faced in your family.
Overall, the Wonders & Worries 6-session program and ongoing services are designed to:
- Provide an age-appropriate understanding of the illness, its treatments, and its side effects
- Facilitate the expression of feelings related to change in your family
- Identify and build positive coping methods to help ease feelings of sadness, anger, fear, etc.
General topics covered in Wonders & Worries 6-session Illness Education and Coping curriculum include:
- Illness education
- Treatment center tour (when possible)
- Hopes for the future and closure