Registered Provider Program FAQs
Certified child life specialists and licensed mental health providers. Due to varying educational backgrounds and training, there may be a pre-requisite requirement for mental health providers that includes information related to the developmental impact of illness on children and youth.
The Illness Education Curriculum has been validated both qualitatively and quantitatively. The quantitative validation is a result of a randomized clinical trial done in partnership with the Steve Hicks School of Social Work at the University of Texas.
- Start-up materials, including a complete digital copy of the validated program manual
- Supporting information regarding startup supplies needed, forms, space layout,
- Access to the On Demand Registered Wonders & Worries Provider Training
- Listing as a Wonders & Worries registered provider on the Wonders & Worries website.
- Permission to deliver the Wonders & Worries curriculum/program as a therapeutic tool at your place of employment
- One (1) complimentary hour of individualized clinical consultation to be used within the first three *
- Group consultation sessions offered 6 times each year. (Two of these will be training hours focused on additional curriculum or new program offerings)
- Invitation to the Wonders & Worries Registration Program conference annually. (travel expenses covered by the attendee, CE verification offered by Wonders & Worries)
- Access to shared drive of therapeutic activities, templates & forms for use while a registered
- Access to any additional materials developed after initial
- Discount on mission related products sold by Wonders &
- Continuing Education hours offered for initial
- Free PDUs offered for WonderChats
Wonders & Worries felt it was important to offer the ability to complete training online to increase accessibility for clinicians.
In order to maintain the practical pieces that in person training provides in the online asynchronous offering, the training will have required synchronous (i.e. live) virtual sessions to interact with clinicians and practice particular skills. These will be placed at certain intervals and the participant will need to complete them prior to moving to the next training modules.
- Verify contact information
- Submit any necessary changes and renewal fee
- Continued invitation to bi-monthly group consultation sessions
- RWWP networking event invitation
- Continued Registered Wonders & Worries Provider Portal access to resources
- Use of name and logo
- Free PDUs for WonderChats
Group consultation calls will be scheduled every other month. Registered Wonders & Worries Providers may join any of these calls that align with their schedule.
Each provider will meet with an experienced certified child life specialist consultant for their one complementary consulting session.
A tip sheet will be shared highlighting ways to make the most of this consultation time. Additional optional individual consultation is available for an additional fee.
Our certified child life specialist clinical consultants have an extensive amount of experience working with children of adult patients and their families. They can provide consultation related to the clinical aspects of your work with clients/patients and are available to process cases with you.
Additionally, they have longevity in the field and can also focus on self-care and work/life balance, if desired. Wonders & Worries is fortunate to have additional staff members with expertise in the business-related aspects of service delivery. We are able to tap into these resources for consultation related to programmatic needs.
As a Registered Wonders & Worries Provider, you are able to run your business in the manner you see fit. You are able to charge for services if that is your business model.
Additionally, one could contract with an organization or school to provide the services for their participants. If those organizations choose to charge those participants that is permitted also. The possibilities are endless to reach as many families as possible to provide support through an adult’s illness.
As an organizational provider, each clinician registered receives the benefits of an individual registered provider. In addition, organizations with 3 or more providers can receive a volume discount on registration. Organizations may also take advantage of optional add on services.
The RWWP credential remains with the organization, and they would need to have someone else trained to facilitate the program.
If you would like to maintain your credential on an individual level, you would be assessed a fee of $400 for three years to convert to an individual Registered Wonders & Worries Provider. You would not need to complete the initial training again but would have access to the benefits of a renewal as listed above.
Yes, if they would like to add additional providers an organization would be charged a per clinician fee for the initial training and consultation for the additional providers.
- Organizational Providers will get preferential treatment for participation and inclusion in any studies that are initiated through Wonders & Worries.
- Preferential consideration will be given to research proposals from registered organizational partners wishing to use the Wonders & Worries curriculum, data and resources.
- Wonders & Worries will not provide funding for proposed projects.
As a Registered Wonders & Worries Provider, you are considered a partner of ours with the ability to deliver our curriculum through your own practice or organization. You will also have access to our resources.
However, you are not considered an employee of the Wonders & Worries non-profit organization and are not permitted to represent yourself as such.
You are not permitted to use the name Wonders & Worries or its designated 501c3 to raise funds for your own program. In grant applications, you are able to say you are requesting funding to provide the Wonders & Worries curriculum.
As an individual, you can advertise you are able to deliver the Wonders & Worries curriculum and that you are a Registered Wonders & Worries Provider.
Organizations will be permitted to use the name and Registered Provider logo for co-branding, marketing and advertising materials.
There are many advantages to becoming a Registered Wonders & Worries Organizational Provider.
Being trained to deliver a clinically validated support program to patients & clients could set your organization apart from others and increase patient satisfaction.
Partnering with Wonders & Worries could allow for participation in a multi-site research study, thus highlighting the organization’s contributions in this practice arena. This may be an additional way to promote the organization to the community.
Yes, there will be an annual minimal requirement of data reporting. A form will be provided and will focus primarily on the number of client contacts utilizing the Wonders & Worries curriculum.
If there is a change in status of a Registered RWWP, that change needs to be reported as soon as possible.
If you are ready to sign up for our virtual training, please click here to apply. You will be contacted to do a phone discussion after your application is submitted and receive further instructions on moving forward during the call.